Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lake George... an East Coast Adventure! - 7/26-8/3

Mel and I flew back to the east coast a couple weeks ago for a pretty monumental family reunion at Lake George in NY. The last time we had our family together like this was in July of 1995, and believe it or not, it was in the exact same spot (of course, this time we actually had electricity)! The property is incredible and sits on about 150' of the most beautiful lakefront shoreline I've ever come across. Most of the week was spent in a supremely relaxing stupor brought on by too much food and drink, but we did get out for a little hiking, waterskiing, fishing, canoeing, and swimming. Actually, a lot of swimming I guess! Anyway, it was supremely awesome to see my extended family, and was great to be back at "the" lake. Clearly it had been too long since I had seen most of the crowd, and it was amazing to see how we've all changed and grown up (and to get to know Terry and Tony better... those guys are great!). I was really sad that the Narenski's couldn't make it, but hopefully our paths will cross sometime in the near future! Thanks to everyone for the great time, and if you are ever on the other coast please come and visit!

Here are a few photos... I was bummed that a bunch of them came out fuzzy. Oh well!


Cruising out to the island


Mom and Dad at home on "their" lake


Cards out on Horicon


Makeshift rescue effort after the throttle cable on the boat snapped. Poor me! :)


Future olympic bocce team


The bocce setting. I've never played with that many people!


The fabled "monkey trick".


I wouldn't mess with this group.


Early AM canoe ride to catch the sunrise


More from that morning


More


More


Waking up on your own island... Something cool about that.


Grampa Meehan, Uncle Mike, and Melissa on one of the many boat rides


Afternoon cocktails and swerve for picture time... :)


View from the porch of one of the houses


Looking up at the original 1800's house.


Brian and Beth on top of Black Mountain. The islands in the picture were across from where we were staying.


Sun and swimming out on the island.


A view up at the "Horse Barn".


A view of the boat house and up the shoreline.


Afternoon cards


The best picture of the whole batch, shot by my 3 year old second(?) cousin. I'm so bad a taking pictures.


John and Jay out for some afternoon paddling.


A stoked Charlotte down at the boat house.



Cards out on the island


Going fishing with Brian


Our AM canoe trip


More from the AM canoe trip

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate,
Great pictures! I'm sorry I had to miss it, looks like you all had lots of fun. Talk to you soon. Love, Sarah