Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10/11/2009 - Menagerie w/ CMRU


Had a great little trip up to the Menagerie on Sunday with some CMRU folks. Great to have folks get familar with the area and begin to understand the challanges that would be associated with a rescue in that location. Only managed a wee bit of climbing cause of the short days and smack-down approach. I think everyone had a good time though!
__________________________________________________________________________


Devil horns came out pretty early that day...


Catherine follows Matt's lead up the first tricky bit of Rooster's N. Face Route.


Team 2 waiting their turn.


The Hoy's proud send!


Aaron sticks the mandatory heel hook through the 5.6 crux (kiddin).


Mel, Aaron, and I all climbing at the same time.


Looking up at the summit frenzy.


If you look close, you can see The Hoy reflected in my glasses, that way were all in this shot! This is the summit of Rooster. :)


This is me climbing on "Rawhide" on Hen rock. Not much of a picture other than to note the lack of gear on the rope below me. Surpisingly this doesn't even earn an "R" rating for runout (felt pretty "X" to me).


Overhanging moves to the summit...


Last bouldering move to the top.


Watch right at the 22 second mark to catch Aaron slipping (not sure if his tether caught him or not, but it raised a few pulses I think!)

2 comments:

~I said...

a regular effin party on top!

The Hoy said...

Fun photos dude. Thanks for arranging for this trip for all of us! BTW, you inspired me to update my Blog for the year. I added my Mt Adams trip and a recent video that I know you will enjoy! :->