Thursday, September 8, 2011

Detroit Area Campout

Wanted to add a few pics from an old fashioned car camping trip mel and I took a couple of weeks ago. Most of the shots are in the Detroit Lake area...


I forget the name of this, but it was pretty neat basalt plug we came across...


Pinnacle peak


OMG! What does it mean!!!


:) After a thunderstorm blew through camp we got some really neat light.


A bunch of flowers popped out, and so did Jefferson!


Little view of Oregon's Crown Jewel (in my opinion anyway)


The fireweed looked like it caught fire.


See what I mean!? Cool, huh?


More (there are about a hundred shots like this I had to go through, so I had to pick a least a couple...)


Twas an agressive sunset, very nice.


And an awesome sunrise too, little smoke on the air from some of the first cascades fires of the season (since then fire season has really kicked it up a notch!)


Majesty


Bella and Dakota chillin on the deck. Dakota wore Bella out!


Thought I'd put up a couple shots from a weeknight ride over to the coast. Just north of depot bay.


My usual photo point on the otter crest loop.


Cool marine layer working in.


Ya, I gotta admit, I like living near the coast.

No comments: