Thursday, January 17, 2008

Blog Ressurection?

So, finally Oregon blessed us with some sunny weather, so Mel and I went out to Iron Mountain again for some snowshoeing. The roadside snow was listed at 96 inches at a meager 4500 feet, so clearly we are having a pretty good snow year! We straightlined up the South ridge of the mountain, switching from cruising on top of the snow, to breaking into our thighs. Even dug a snow cave higher up, in a big snow drift. Overall lots of fun, and good to be back out!









3 comments:

cdog said...

hey Nate--awesome pics. Makes me miss oregon. Based on the rambling nonsense that Huan-Lin posted before me, I think he likes your photos also!
Hi Mel!
-chris & amy

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate: Looks like fun. I need to get up there on Iron mountain this winter. I recently updated my blog as well.

http://www.notimetorest.blogspot.com/


The Hoy

Nate Meehan said...

Hey Chris and Amy, glad to make you guys miss OR... Hopefully that will be enough to drag you guys up for some vacationing here! That was a weird post from Huan-Lin... Nothing like having a 10 page advertisement dropped onto your blog space... Oh well. Thankfully Blogger provided me with the power to annhilate that BS. The Hoy, your photos are awesome... Looks like you had a good time up there revisiting our oversnow exercise training location!